6.25.2010

Welcome Baby Cal!

All 7 pounds and 7 ounces of Callan Andrew Hermanson made their way into the world on June 24th and it was GLORIOUS! It only took about twenty minutes before the thought suddenly struck "Holy crap! I have a son!". As usual, my wife reminded me again why she's my hero. She's an incredible mom.

With Gwenyth I started thinking about weddings and meeting future boyfriends and wondering what I need to do to help her truly realized how loved, gifted and powerful God has created her to be. With Callan I have had the latter thought, but honestly my mind has been more dominated with "When can we start rockclimbing together?" and "What are we going to light on fire first?" From what we've seen so far, this little guy likes things on his terms and he may just be a handful. Even so, I am pretty sure God has some cool plans for him. He's not even 24 hours old yet, and already I feel God giving me vision for his life and the courage to be all I can be for him.

Since it's been said that anything posted electronically can potentially live forever, I'm going to assume some day Callan will get to read this. What do I want to tell my son of the future? Callan buddy, I loved you even before you were born and we couldn't be prouder to be your parents. Please take it easy on us! Love, Dad.

 

 

Posted via email from Andy Hermanson [Dot] Me

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

He's adorable. We can't wait to meet him! Hope you all are doing well.
Lots of love!
Uncle Scott and Aunt Becca