5.29.2010

Being an Apprentice of Jesus

I've been thinking a lot lately about Jesus (which makes sense I guess, because A) I'm a Christian or follower of Jesus and B) I work in helping others along their journey in or towards following Jesus), and I've really been challenged to rethink some of my assumptions. In my thinking and research I came across some material describing the process of growing in faith and devotion towards God as one of apprenticeship. Why is it this is often under-emphasized and rarely ever encouraged in our churches? If our mission is to "make disciples" according to Matthew 18, don't you think we'd hear more about that?

I thought the promo video for this series was interesting (really I just liked the accents) and told some cool stories. Take a look.

Posted via web from ahermanson's posterous

No comments: