6.23.2009

We're back...what just happened!

We've been back in the 515 for just over three days and tonight was my first shot at catching up on social networking and everything else. Needless to say, we missed our little girl very much. It was however, comforting to know that she was in good hands with grandma and grandpa McGregor. Perhaps even a little too good, as Gwenyth cried every time she saw us on skype or heard our voice over the phone.

As we dropped her off, jokes were made that we would hardly recognize our bundle of joy when we returned from our ten day mission trip, but truth be told she has really changed! What once was a slow army drag resulting in carpet burn has moved into a fast and graceful slither across the floor! She now is able to pull herself up on anything. She even is now able to stand on her own two feet for (gasp!) 30 whole seconds without any help!

Missing ten days of my little girl's life has been tough and I am now starting to wonder how I will survive the three week stint I have scheduled for July (two weeks at seminary and a trip to BigStuf camp with Ignition in Panama City, FL). She is such an adorable gal. Don't believe me? I'll just let her do the talking.

In case you were wondering, our mission experience was incredibly blessed and transformative for students and leaders alike. I am hoping to jot down some thoughts, but for now you can check out Ignition Student Ministry's blog here.

No comments: