11.08.2010

Community.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

This week at Bethel (I'm a seminary student in a distance program there), I had the chance to crash in a house with 7 grown adults living in it (there were only two showers and three toilets). All members of the same church. What amazed me more than anything was the level of sincerity they demonstrated as they interacted with each other and me. Can you imagine living in a home where you get asked how your day was 6 times?

To take things a step further, the city they live in prohibits street parking in the winter and including me there were 8 cars. The garage and driveway only hold 6 cars. As their guest, two members of the house volunteered to park their cars at their place of work and ride their bikes back and forth. Did I mention the warmest it ever got was 40 degrees?

Needless to say, this experience has renewed my interest in doing relationships in Christ well. I felt loved, I felt served, I felt included. I am guessing all of us can do a better job to provide this kind of community for our those around us. When was the last time you inconvenienced yourself for another in the name of Christ?

For me, it's been way too long. Here's to living out Jesus' first and second priorities.

 

Posted via email from Andy Hermanson [Dot] Me

No comments: